SAMPLING AUTHORIZATION REQUEST – NON FOOD SHOWS
Policy for Food and Beverage Distribution on Show Floors
Please complete this form to receive authorization to distribute food or beverages not purchased through SAVOR…Chicago, the exclusive food and beverage provider at McCormick Place Convention Center. The Selling of Food and/or Beverage products by any other entity is strictly prohibited. Sponsoring Organizations of expositions and trade shows and their exhibitors, may distribute SAMPLES of food and beverage products upon written authorization and adherence to all of the conditions outlined below
General Information for Non‐Food Industry Shows
- Items dispensed are limited to products Manufactured, Processed or Distributed by exhibiting companies. If they are not Manufactured, Processed or Distributed by the company then you are not able to provide samples of food and beverage unless they are purchased through SAVOR…Chicago.
- If you do Manufactured, Processed or Distribute the items, they are to be a SAMPLE SIZE and must be dispensed and distributed in accordance to the Local and State Health Codes:
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages in open containers can be a maximum of 8oz. Sample Size served in plastic cups. Closed container Non-Alcoholic Beverages (cans and bottles) are permitted if distributed from a vending machine.
- Food items are limited to “bite-size”, not to exceed 6oz. portions.
- Vendors MUST submit proof of having $1,000,000.00 liability insurance naming SAVOR…Chicago at McCormick Place, and the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority as additional insured and are responsible for State and Local laws pertaining to the distribution of alcohol.
- If your company Manufactures, Processes or Distributes Alcoholic Beverages and this product is related to the purpose of the show then you are able to serve SAMPLE SIZES and it must be dispensed and distributed in accordance to Local State and Health Codes:
- Vendors MUST submit to SAVOR…Chicago proof of having $1,000,000.00 liability insurance as stated above.
- Sample portions must be under the following limits:
- Beer 7 oz.
- Wine/Wine Coolers/Spirit Coolers 2 oz.
- Liquor/Liqueurs 0.5 oz.
- Note: Alcohol cannot be served prior to 11:00 am on Sundays, per City of Chicago ordinance.
- All alcohol must be served in plastic, disposable cups. No cans or bottles will be permitted.
- Distribution of alcoholic products must be monitored & overseen by a staff bartender from SAVOR…Chicago in compliance with Illinois Liquor Laws.
- Vendors are responsible for all booth rental fees, electrical, plumbing, drayage and all other McCormick Place Services.
- Storage, Delivery, or Kitchen Use:
If you as the Manufacturer, Processor, or Distributor require and product storage, delivery, or kitchen use, the following charges may be assessed:
- $150.00 Per Day/Pallet for Refrigerated, Freezer, and Dry Storage.
- $50.00 one-time Handling Fee for 1-4 Skids and $250.00 Handling Fee for 5 or more Skids
- $50.00 Delivery Charge each time Product is delivered (on a 2’x4’ cart) to the Booth/Room.
- $250.00 per Hour for Kitchen Space. Kitchen Space is reserved on a first come, first serve basis.
- Additional charge for Rental of Equipment, subject to availability.
Any Food and/or Beverage products brought from the outside are not the responsibility of SAVOR…Chicago unless coordinated in advance with a Catering Manager prior to the show dates.
The Company Requesting Sampling acknowledges they have sole responsibility for the use, servicing or other disposition of such items (Including alcoholic beverages) in compliance with all applicable laws. Accordingly, the firm agrees to indemnify and forever hold harmless SAVOR…Chicago and the McCormick Place Exposition Authority for McCormick Place Convention Center from all liabilities, damages, losses, costs or expenses resulting directly or indirectly from their use, serving or other disposition of such items (Including alcoholic beverages).
SEND TO: CATERING OFFICE ‐ SAVOR…Chicago
SAVOR…Chicago at McCormick Place 2301 South Lake Shore Drive Chicago, IL 60616 Telephone (312) 791‐7250 Fax (312) 791‐7280
For a Printable version of this form, Please Click Here: Sampling Authorization Request – Non Food Show